According to the crime statistics released by the Minister of Police Nathi Nhleko and police commissioner Riah Phiyega for 2014/2015, truck hijackings have increased dramatically at 29.1%. Cartrack currently has more than 658 000 clients worldwide and our services and software are built using the most advanced technologies available. This has enabled Cartrack to offer a variety of options and packages designed to meet the realities of the modern-day anti-theft and vehicle recovery as well as fleet management.
Our innovative units allow you to track and monitor your vehicles 24/7/365, giving you access to accurate and reliable data. Cartrack has been independently audited and boasts a proved 93% recovery rate.
Fleet Management benefits include:
- Stolen vehicle recovery: The Cartrack system uses the GSM network – the most extensive network currently available to the vehicle tracking industry. These technologies allow for immediate location and real-time tracking of your vehicles.
- Web-based software: Instant online access to both the current and historic location of your vehicles.
- Reports: Automated reports provide detailed insight into the movement of your fleet. With over 40 standard reports, including trip and driver behaviour reports, as well as vehicle utilisation by hours or kilometres, you will be equipped with all the information you need to accurately and efficiently manage your fleet.
- Geofences: Gives you the freedom to define your own no-go zones, business and client locations, and points of interest. You can be notified by e-mail or SMS when any of your vehicles enter or exit a defined geofence area.
- Route replay: Accurately monitor driver routes and behaviour, providing you with access to information on ignition status, arrival times, route deviations, as well as data and alerts on any instances of excess idling, speeding, harsh acceleration, braking and cornering.
- Logbook: Cartrack’s Logbook records and logs all trips undertaken by your vehicles. The addition of trip descriptions (i.e. business or personal) helps you keep your records in order. For ease of use, and for SARS submissions, reports are downloadable in excel format.
- Accident Reconstruction: A powerful feature that allows you access to accurate, irrefutable data on the circumstances surrounding a vehicle accident – road conditions, speed, acceleration, harsh braking and turning, as well as the exact time and location of the accident.
- Service and license alert: Get alerts if your vehicles are due for a service or when their licenses are up for renewal.
- Automated testing: Cartrack will check your units every 6 days for free, and in the event of a unit becoming unresponsive, you will be immediately notified and a time will be scheduled to repair the device.
- eToll reports: Allowing you to accurately monitor and resolve your fleet’s e-toll transactions nationally. The report for an individual vehicle will display the date and time, the cost assigned to the gantry and the type and class of vehicle.
- Data storage: Cartrack provides online access to 6 months’ worth of historical data. Furthermore, Cartrack offers a secure archive storage capacity of up to 3 years. Cartrack’s data centers are of the highest quality to ensure that your data is safe and secure.
- Training: Cartrack offers a comprehensive training service, with sessions being held at our offices or at a location of your choice. Trainees will learn how to operate the system, draw specific reports, create alerts and exceptions, manage accounts and more.
- De-installation and Re-installation Service: If you wish to transfer your tracking unit from one vehicle to another, Cartrack will de-Install/re-Install the unit for a nominal fee. Simply call us to make the arrangements and our trained Cartrack technicians will de-install and re-install the unit at a place and time which is convenient for you.
- 12 Month Warranty: Cartrack offers a one-year warranty on both the unit and the installation. Cartrack works closely with the motor industry and vehicle manufacturers, to ensure that our installations comply with the wiring specification. Cartrack also complies and is endorsed by the insurance industry.
Vehicle tracking has become an important technology for the safety of not only fleet vehicles but also for the individual driver. With the extensive range of optional extras offered by Cartrack, you will be covered for almost every eventuality.