Cartrack’s Drive Vision product is truly a unique product that promotes better safety and security for fleets, drivers, passengers and the general public. This on-board dual camera system consists of a primary camera that records video footage with a 120-degree exterior view of the road ahead, as well as a secondary driver camera that provides a 160-degree view of the inside of the vehicle cab.
Drive Vision’s video recording capabilities allows fleet managers to have better clarity in determining what really occurred in an accident. Subsequently, claims can be approved and processed much faster, and companies can protect against fraud and improve driver accident rates and skill levels.
Drive Vision is an event-based system with video footage continuously captured and made available in two ways:
(1) Video footage is buffered in the unit’s memory card (up to five days) and selected time slots can be downloaded on request via a web interface. (2) Video footage is automatically downloaded per driving event (such as speeding and impacts) to a website address accessible to the client. Subsequently, a data centre reviews the footage against the client-determined driver behaviour regulations and provides full driver exception reporting for driver monitoring and coaching.
The main benefits include:
- Reduced collisions
- Decreased operational and maintenance costs
- Resolve accident and liability claims through accident reconstruction and determination of liability apportionment
- Reduce inappropriate driver activity
- Video and audio material is reviewed for customers with reporting for driver counselling
- Access on-demand recordings of:
- Drivers’ inability to access a work site
- Timeous arrivals at designated locations
- Indecent conduct by passengers or other drivers
- Passenger count information
Most importantly, Drive Vision reinforces a company’s commitment to the safety of their employees and community, and most importantly, to saving lives.